Thursday 27 December 2012

Posts are like buses.....

You wait for ages and then 3 come along at once....

This is a 3-in-one post.

I haven't blogged in months. To be honest, I didn't feel like it. So I didn't. When it's the holidays the pace of life slows down and I feel like I have time again. So here goes.

I have made 3 projects since I last blogged and although I completed two for sewweekly I didn't get around to putting them up and the moment has gone. They were both self drafted patterns, the first one was a copy of a Vivienne Westwood style skirt:


As it was self drafted I messed up the waistband and had to make a fix, in fact it turned out to be my favourite part.




Then I wanted to try out a pattern from Gertie's book but couldn't be faffed to trace the pattern so I just used my own but copied her waistband idea. This was my first attempt at boning:

 
 
The third project was for Mia, she was a shepherd in her Nativity play and although I could have bought a costume very cheaply they were all brown and "too boyish" so I made her one from gold lining fabric in my stash. I used the pattern on the right but left off the collar and made it floor length.
 
 
 
I was going to base the waistcoat on the one in the left but it was too big and in the end I just got some red fleece and winged it.
 
 
Finally I raided the teatowel drawer. Mia is in the middle. I was very proud and cried.
 
 
 
This post goes out with special love to Judy and Diane, who I have neglected abominably. Thanks for thinking of me even when I was not around, it meant a lot to me even if I didn't reply. xxxx



11 comments:

  1. Yeahhhhh, I'm so glad you ate sharing your latest projects.. I hope you had a lovely chirstmas x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are... Sorry... My English isn't perfect but auto correct makes it worst

    ReplyDelete
  3. Waiting for the bus was well worth it...the 2 skirts look super on you, but you have been upstaged by the beautiful Christmas shepherd, Mia! She looks gorgeous...J

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am soooooo happy to see my friend on the blog again, [missed you].. You are looking fantastic..[ I see you have lost lots of weight, congradulations!!!]
    The skirts are beautiful. Love both of them..
    And Mia is adorable. What a cute shepherd outfit..
    Hope you and family had a great CHristmas.. And you are so right, it is so nice when the holiday rolls around and you have a little more time.. Hugs my sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello lovely Judy
      Sadly no weight lost but thanks for the kind words, hope you are ok xx

      Delete
  5. Yay, you're back!! :-) Some nice creations there lady. I love the button tab detail on the skirt waistband, and your little Mia is just too cute for words!

    Have a lovely New Years. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kat, I like a certain thing you have made recently too ;)

      Delete
  6. You're making me fill up now Charlotte! Love ths skirts. I've just finished my last post for Sew Weekly this year - only 12 working out at one per month, though that was quite enough for me ... Hope you have a great New Year! Keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking forward to your sewweekly post Diane, 12 is very good indeed I think, on top of all that knittng x

      Delete