Friday 20 April 2012

Retro shoes

Lucky old me! I am the proud owner of these gorgeous sandals that arrived in the post today. They are gorgeous, really well made and I am thrilled with them.

I got them from http://www.rocketoriginals.co.uk/ where they are not cheap but oh so worth it. I have been looking for some vintage style shoes for a while, I cannot buy them second hand because I have quite large feet. I found this website and have been thinking about buying them for a while. The shoes are a copy of a late 40s early 50s pair.

I felt a bit guilty paying so much. But they are exactly what I wanted. Last year I bought a pair of cheap sandals and every time I wore them I begrudged the money I had spent and felt a bit dissatisfied with them. Finally I have started to come around to the idea that it is better to buy something really nice and enjoy every second.

It's just as well that these bags are out of stock or I would have had to get one of those as well!

8 comments:

  1. Charlotte,
    I am totally jealous!!!!!!!! Seriously....they are beautiful and I want them.lol SO happy for you, They will look so pretty with your summer dresses..
    enjoy... [Wish you could have gotten the cute bag too..]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Judy! Carl is SO glad I didn't get the bag! x

      Delete
    2. ha,ha.. I bet Carl is!! Men can't understand that NEED for these little things.teehee..
      Who knows??/ it might just be available to you ,one day..[I'll say a little prayer for that,but don't tell Carl.]

      Delete
    3. Thanks Judy - you shouldn't encourage me though! xxx

      Delete
  2. It is a simple fact, SHOES ARE IMPORTANT! not only that the right shoes, then the right shoes for the right outfit (spot the girl with a problem) They are lovely, I also have a thing for red red shoes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those shoes are FABULOUS!!! I love love love that you got them in red!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Meg, I want other colours now too but Carl says no (boo!)

      Delete