Monday 16 April 2012

Helmet, anyone?

I found the cutest little helmet pattern on http://www.ravelry.com/ and it is free! (Just look for aviatrix helmet - I can't link, you have to go on your ravelry account). I wanted a pattern to try out a new technique: short rows. I found a really clear tutorial and have finished one helmet in a couple of evenings:


Modelled by Baby Annabell (the hat is the newborn size) aided by one of our cats, Ozzy. Note: the dummy is the model's own. I like this technique, I have managed to shape a hat on straight needles. I have a cardigan to make using this technique for some shaping but wanted to try it out first on something small. The pattern so great I am on my second one which is the first of my Christmas gift making! Yes, I know.

I have also finished a little cardi which actually is for baby Annabell:



I am using up wool and ran out so I had to make short sleeves. It is springtime though so I hope dolly won't get too cold. Tee hee!

4 comments:

  1. you clever knitter, I'm so jealous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you knit so fast girl.. I need some knitting lessons as I got a lovely pattern and I haven't even manage to do 3 rows..

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are soooooooooo cute!!! Mia has a really sweet mama to make her baby such cute things...
    I would love to learn to knit... Such pretty things.. and you are so fast !!!
    Happy Knitting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys, I am actually a slow knitter, I like to knit in front of the tv.... I obviously spend too much time watching tv! xx

    ReplyDelete