Sunday 20 February 2011

I'm late, I'm late, for a very important date

OK, so Valentine's day came and went with no dress. Wedsnesday I just felt downhearted and tired and didn't do a sewing thing. So no dress. Then, on Thursday, my final evening to finish the dress if I wanted to keep up with the sewweekly challenge, I had a message from a lovely lady who I've only met on my sewing forum  encouraging me. And so on Thursday evening at about 10pm I finished the dress! Here it is:

I wore the dress out last night for a meal at the Supreme Inn, which was delicious and well presented and not at all what I expected from a hotel next to an Esso garage. I had halibut on tarragon mash with prawn veloute, followed by Tia Maria espresso creme brulee. See what I mean? Alan Partridge was nowhere in sight, aha!

Anyway, I took the opportunity to accessorise, I used my cream silk hair rose as a broch, it was my stepfather's mother's, it's handmade and dates from about 1930. I took along my black handbag, from late 1930s, an ebay snag. Et volia:



I was extremely happy and smug to be going out in one of my creations.

So thank you Judy for your kind words. Just at the right time.

This week at sewweekly.com we are sewing items inspired by films that have won, or been nominated for, Best Costume Design at the Oscars.

I'm going for a 1965 nominee, here's a clue:

No comments:

Post a Comment