Monday 31 January 2011

should I stay or should I go?

Have nearly finished but the waistband is too loose so really I should take it off and do something but I am not sure what. Then all I have to do is the hem and buttonholes. Ha ha ha ha! Buttonholes! Manic panicy laughter!

I think I am going to leave it for a bit to join in this week's sewweekly.com challenge - sew something inspired by something you like that is on sale in the shops now. I have had a look at the Monsoon website and chosen an item, I have material, I have a pattern, wish me luck.

And because this blog has just been a collection of photos of a half finished dark coloured skirt, here's a photo of Aunty Peg and Uncle Bill in the early fifties (I think). Aunty Peg is wearing a lovely summer dress, they seemed to go in for horizontal stripes then.

No comments:

Post a Comment